If you remember, December was about Feeling Good!
We did a couple of things for that.
- We Donated $275 to the Boys & Girls Club from our November Swing Challenge
- We Donated over $1000 worth of gifts to a Family in need over Christmas
- Our focus for training plans for December was to Move Better during your training and Feel Better leaving the class than when you came in.
From the feedback we got from everyone, it seemed to work and you all really liked it!
So we kept that theme going for January. Moving better, taking our time getting into the workouts, really stretching what we need to stretch, when we need to stretch it.
February, March, and April, we’re really going to ramp things up, but we want to keep moving well.
Enter the FMS…
Functional Movement Screen
What is it?
- It’s a movement screen that test 7 movement patterns. With the information we get, we know whether you (a) have pain & need to be evaluated by a medical professional, (b) have some movement patterns that need improvement, and (c) what exercises might help improve those movements
Do I need it?
- Probably =). The “high score” for the FMS is a 21 and there aren’t many 21s out there roaming around. That is to say… Most of us could improve our movement. And improving your movement means a lot of great things for you.
What does improving my movement do for me?
- Let’s see… I’m sure I’m butchering what Dr. Mark Cheng says, but the gist goes something like this: Moving with an imbalance or a tight muscle is like driving a car with your parking break on. You can do it if you try really hard, but it’s not good for the car.
- Moving inefficiently or with an imbalance will many times result in injury. Injury means time away from training and many times, weight gain. We’re trying to avoid that.
- What we find very often is that after you get YOUR corrective exercises, and you do those specific exercises before class, you move better in class & get more out of your training.
- When you move better, you’re not “driving your car with the parking break on” and everything feels better. You enjoy your training much more and you’re more likely to come.
All of this moving better, moving more often, enjoying your activity leads to you meeting your goals a lot quicker and easier than you every thought possible.
So send me an email (firstname.lastname@example.org) and set up your FMS screen. We need about an hour to do the entire test and find your exercises.
Happy movement to you!