My friend over at Orange Door Fitness and Strong by Jenny told me about a step challenge she’s been doing with her people and encouraged me to do it with our crew. I’m excited to bring this to Pacific Strength and see the positive effects it will have on your lives.
So, you may be asking… Why track steps?
- To become more aware of the activity you’re doing throughout the day
- To actively try to increase your normal amount of activity
- It helps you be less lazy (as we all get) and more positive – you’ll offer to take out the trash, not be so annoyed while you’re looking for your keys all over the house (more steps!), and you’ll look at a packed parking lot differently (‘Yay! I get to park far away! More steps for me!’)
- Improve your NEAT: non-exercise activity thermogenesis. It’s not just a fun thing to say, it’s the energy expended for everything we do that is not sleeping, eating or sports-like exercise. It ranges from the energy expended walking around the house or office, typing, performing yard work, fidgeting, etc.
- If you’ve been trying to lose weight and have everything else dialed in… an extra walk every day could be what you need to make the difference!
Details of our Step Challenge:
- Wear a watch (apple or fitbit type) or pedometer (like this) that counts every step.
- Every morning, take a picture or screenshot your step numbers from the day before.
- Text those numbers to me every morning.
- Steps are capped at 25,000 today (no more than that will count toward your total).
- At the end of the week, I’ll throw out your low step day & add up your steps for the week.
- Prizes worth $40 will be awarded to winners. Each week will be different: most steps, most improved, most consistent, etc.
You in? Email me and bring your $20 to class!