Keep It Simple, Strength Edition
There is no need to overcomplicate your strength training.
If you want to get stronger but don’t know what to do, this strength world can feel very overwhelming! Plus, you don’t want to pay someone just yet if you’re not sure you’ll stick with it.
My advice? Keep it Simple!
- Plan to do something every day.
- Every other day, make that “something” strength training.
- The days you’re not strength training, aim to move your body on purpose – walk, swim, play frisbee, paddle board, hike, whatever you want!
- For your strength training, pick one lower-body exercise & one upper-body exercise. Do 3-5 sets of 10 reps of each movement.
My two favorites?
- Squats & Pushups
- Deadlifts & Pullups or Rows
Stick with that for a couple of weeks and see how it goes!